Monday, May 17, 2010

StampTV Challenges






Good Monday evening!
Sorry that I have been MIA....Rick and I got a chance to get away from our responsibilities for a few days. We went to the annual convention of the National Rifle Association in Charlotte, NC. It was a wonderful week-end and I appreciate my cousin opening her home to us.
I have been doing laundry and cleaning house since getting home but did find time to complete cards for Gina's Inspire and Vicki's sketch challenge at StampTV . They have a different challenge each day of the week and they are always fun. Please check it out if you've never been there.
My card for Gina's Inspire 23 was created using her card stock fresh asparagus , bubblegum pink, black and kraft. The dp is from her spring mix kit. I embossed the background using cuttlebug folders. I also used a butterfly sizzlit to cut and emboss butterflies using the dp. I used my rectangle nestie to cut out a place for the sentiment from Year of Leaves and then stamped and cut out a butterfly from A Beautiful Life (both of these sets are designed by Melanie and available at Gina K designs).

My card for Vicki's sketch challenge uses the stamp set Gifts from the Sea. I flipped the sketch and placed my dp at the top of the card. I stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia to create texture on the card stock to simulate the sand. I stamped several of the seashells and after cutting them out, I used pop dots to place them around the sentiment. The twill ribbon is by SU.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to post some more tomorrow. It's good to be back home and hope to see you again soon.

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Both cards are very pretty, Patti! Thanks for sharing them with us. So happy that you and your DH got away for a few days. We all need to do that! Take care!

A Consuming Passion said...

Both really beautiful cards Patti - though the 1st is my fav. love all the detail!

craftieodmae said...

I love both cards, they are beautiful! Glad you had a good time in Charlotte, but you were missed!