Sunday, June 6, 2010

Isabella's Challenge #10


Happy Sunday evening! Hopefully everyone is doing well and has had a great week-end.
I have missed everyone. We are doing well and Rick is recuperating well from his shoulder surgery. It will just be slow getting back to normal as anyone who has had this or knows someone who has, already knows. Not to just brag on him, but he has always been a big help around the house and with his Mom and now that I am doing almost everything, I realize how much of a team we really are. I am even mowing, which I have never done. You wouldn't have wanted to see my first attempt. I was nervous on the John Deere, but was having a ball by the time I was done. Rick came to the door and asked me why I was grinning!!
Sorry to ramble... This is my card for the black and white with a twist challenge at Isabella's Sketchbook . I used her image which is a requirement, but there is a freebie if you do not already own one. I layered with SU black and white cardstock and dp from Making Memories. One layer I embossed with the script embossing folder from Cuttlebug. The button is by Gina K designs and I colored parts of the image with markers by SU.
It felt good to create something today...I also posted a couple of cards for challenges at StampTV if you have time to look. Hopefully one of these days I can get back to visiting everyone regularly again...I appreciate all of you that have checked in with us.
Talk to you soon!

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Well, girl...I wondered how DH was getting along with his shoulder! It's so hard. Tell him that no matter what - he MUST keep up with the PT. That's the key! Love your card, Patti! It's beautiful!

Lisa said...

Oh beautiful card. Very classy, I love the background, the embossing and that lovely button! Thanks for playing this week at Isabellas!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh my - with all you have going on I am thrilled you used your little bit of free time to enter Isabella's challenge - and it is soooooo elegant and classy, gorgeous with the hint of color in this image...thanks so much for playing - have a wonderful week!!
hugs
Linda

Viv said...

Patti this is beautiful! I love the paper you used and that embossing folder is my favourite. Very elegant!
LOL on the mowing...I think its fun!
Thanks for joining us at Isabellas and good luck. Viv x

craftieodmae said...

You just take of Rick and Polly and don't worry about commenting. Your card is gorgeous!!!!Gald you managed a few minutes to play, it does help!!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Good to see you have time to play. Your life is very full now. Love the embossing and DP on your card...very elegant!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wonderful combination of patterns and textures. I love that DP you used and the image looks terrific on the embossed panel. Great job on the black and white challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Isabella's Sketchbook.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Beautiful Card! I'm glad you stopped by. I'll see you at the party! :)

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Very nice card! I love the layout including the placement of the button. Great work!

Wordbird said...

Patti...what a beauty of a card! So elegant. What a beautiful dp choice you made! I'm so proud of you for hopping up on that John Deer...GIRL POWER!!! ;D Diana Q

Jennifer Scull said...

oh that button has won me over!! they are one of my fave ever embellies! :) such a very pretty card.

thank you for joining along in the challenge with us at Isabella's this week! :)

Sharon said...

Hi Patti, this card is stunningly elegant. Just love your DP and that embossed script is lovely. So pleased you joined in the fun at Isabella's. hugs Sharon

Colleen said...

Patti,
I'm sooo glad you had time to play. I can completly relate to having to do it all. Up until a few months ago about six to be exact. My husband was home every day and we also worked as a team to get things done, and now he drives a truck over the road and is rarely home leaving me to yes learn to do the John Deer too! Now I can run that thing faster and more effective than him. LOL be very careful though not to do it too well, If you know what I mean.

Peri said...

Patti, this is wonderful. One of my favourite images and so beautifully coloured. The embossed script is a gorgeous touch - and the final result is really elegant. Thanks for playing along at Isabella's this week - I look forward to seeing your next creation.
Hugs
Peri x

Anonymous said...

What a classy card! Are those cherries covered with my favorite white chocolate? Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Isabella's.