Friday, July 16, 2010

2 for the price of 1


As most of you know that looks at my blog, I rarely do more than one challenge at a time...maybe that's because I'm already challenged enough! This card that I have made is using a card base of SU's sage shadow and dp from K&Co Ancestry.com and I used Martha Stewart's punch Cornice which is what both of my challenge sites this time asked for....use a punch on your creation. The image is from Isabella's Sketchbook . It is called Sweetheart Flower. If you love digital images then you need to check this site out. I am also entering this in the challenge at Mark's Finest Papers for their Speedy the Cat's Challenge #11. I adore cats and like to play here for the name as well as the fun challenges. So stop by and check them out. I used my SU markers in Sage Shadow and Mellow Moss to color the image and kept it more of a monochromatic look. I am kinda pleased with the way this looks....been told I'm my own worst critic.(probably is too true).I printed the image on a piece of floral distressed dp and it gave the image a different look than just on regular card stock. My sentiment is from Stampin' Up's set Whimsical Words. Hope you enjoy your Friday and have a great week-end to look forward to.

13 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Patti, Hurry over over to Just for Fun blog!
This is a lovely card...love the colors.

Colleen said...

Patti,
This card is so delicate and pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out just awesome! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

JACKIE M said...

Lovely card Patti, I love all your background papers.Thanks for joining us in Isabella's challenge.

Jackie :)

Lisa said...

Very pretty card Patti! Thanks for being a regular at Isabellas!

Claudine Poch said...

Very pretty colors and card. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Cec said...

This is so pretty. I love the soft, serene look to it. With that sentiment, it is perfect for a Thinking of You or Sympathy card. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook again. We sure love having you.
Hugs!
Cec

Viv said...

Patti I love these colours and the paper you used . A very elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Isabellas again and good luck for the challenge. Viv x

Anonymous said...

Really lovely card Patti, the colour combo you've chosen is so calming. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook, hope you can join us again next week. Sue C x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

SUPER job this week, Patti! The colors are wonderful and I really like how you printed your image on DP instead of plain CS. It really adds to the interest. So happy you see you joining in the fun again this week at Isabella's Sketchbook!

Payne Holler Cards said...

you should be pleased (-: it's a lovely card! your colors are so inviting and love the image on the dp! thanks so much for playing and best of luck in the challenges - hope to see you next week too!

Sharon said...

Hi Patti, I love what you've done with Sweetheart Flower. A very vintage looking card for me. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's this week. She has a SALE on tomorrow, so please pop around. We'd love to see you at our next challenge. Sharon

Wordbird said...

Patti...so soft and serene...very elegant card! Thanks for playing!! ;D Diana Q