Saturday, July 24, 2010

That Time of the Month


Time to try out for a guest design spot at Gina K Designs!
Gina K is inviting anyone that would like to join her design team in a blog hop to create a card using one of the stamp sets released last month, thereby trying out for a chance as guest designer for the month of August. I decided to make a Christmas card using her new set Blessed is the Season. I don't understand what has gotten into me....90+ degrees most days ... maybe I am just hoping for cool, but I am in the mood to make holiday cards. I love this set! I stamped the script image a couple of times along one side and did partial cuttlebug embossing with a border in brilliant blue along the side of the Allegro embossing folder. I also used a couple of the small snowflakes from Theresa Momber's set Very Merry Christmas, also by GKD to stamp the horizontal strip. My focal image was done using the technique emboss resist . I stamped the snowflake with versamark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder...then using Memento's Danube Blue to sponge over the image. Please check out these techniques at StampTV along with lots of others. My sentiment is also from this set. I am really pleased with how my card turned out...for those of you paying close attention, you may recognize Melissa's Sketch from her challenge at StampTV this week. If you haven't played yet, it is open until 8pm CT on Monday 7/26/10. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my card. Have a great week-end and see ya soon!

6 comments:

Miesje said...

That is beautiful! I love it! Good luck!

Anna K. said...

I got this set last week and haven't made anything BUT Christmas cards since! I love what you did here... Doesn't that snowflake just BEG for emboss resist? :)

Corina Stewart said...

This is really lovely, you have set a high standard for the competion, good luck

Colleen said...

Patti,
Very pretty in all the blues. I think you will do well good luck!

Donna said...

Beautiful card!

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!