Saturday, September 4, 2010

Free up a Freebie


I just want to say that I appreciate every one of you that follows my blog to see what I am up to and I am always excited to see a new follower. A while back I noticed a new follower, Stef whom I had seen at other sites and when I checked out her blog I saw that she had challenges, her site is Glitterbabe's Challenges . She is into sparkly and glitter as you can probably tell by the name. As many of you already know, I am not so much a bling girl, but I thought I would give this week's challenge a try. Stef has several free images and she wanted them to have some love. We are to use a freebie and make it sparkle. I made a 5 x 5 card which I don't do very often and using her image sparkle flower (which I used 3 times) and her birdhouse image. My inks are Memento angel pink, bamboo leaves and Versamagic pretty petunia. I sponged these colors around the flowers and then cut out the birdhouse with my nesties peony die. I sponged these same colors alternately around that also. My sparkle came from the Sakura clear star pen, which doesn't show very well in my upright photo, so I took a close up, and the heart bling that I had in my stash.
So all of my friends that like bling, and I know several of you do....stop by and check this challenge out...free images and glitter. Ahh!

8 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Really pretty Card Patti - love the petals and that little birdhouse is adorable!

Kerrie said...

Very pretty ... with just enough bling!

Colleen said...

Patti,
How wonderful that you are giving your new follower credit. I will go to the site and check it out. Your card is very pretty.

Stef H said...

Patti!!!! i am speechless (which not many people can render me). this is gorgeous! and thank you so much for the kind words!!!

thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge!

hugs :)

Gina said...

Oh Patti! This is perfection :D Those are 2 of my fav freebies. Thank you for the lovely write up, and for taking time out to join us at Cowgirls Sunday Challenge XXX

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love what you've done with the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Glitterbabe's Challenge.

Jennifer

Payne Holler Cards said...

hey - where's Olga (-:
when she gets around to visit after family leaves she will be all over this!
love your card ...gonna pop over to her blog now!

Payne Holler Cards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.