Saturday, November 13, 2010

Play Time at my House!!

It has been a day of laundry,cooking,caring for MIL and playing in my stamp room. I received some new digital stamps from Nina, our design team leader, designer and owner of Paper Cupcakes this week and decided to play around with some of them. She will be putting two new sets of tickets in the store possibly as soon as next week, keep an eye out as you will definitely want these. I printed the Christmas Tickets off on Gina K Designs white card stock. There is a whole letter size sheet of these and each one different. I am so loving these and the wonderful images and sentiments on them. My first project is for your wine glasses or if you don't drink wine you can use them on water or tea goblets. I trimmed and then used my punch to trim my ticket corners and then colored and mounted on Stampin' Up riding hood red card stock. I punched a hole in the ticket and using book rings (as this is all I had at home) I put it around a wine glass. I think you can get the thinner wires in the beading section at your craft store or Walmart. I love these and think they would make cute stocking stuffers. So quick to make.


My next project is a card that I created for Gina's color challenge at StampTV...to use Turquoise Sea, Red Hot and white. I used a base of the turquoise which I embossed with Cuttlebug's snowflake folder. The image and inside sentiment is from GinaK Designs set illustrated by Theresa Momber "A Very Merry Christmas". I also added two of the tickets which I did not cut apart, the first reminds me of a Currier and Ives scene which I have always loved.

I used Versamark to stamp the jingle bells and then embossed with silver embossing powder and then colored the ribbon with SU Blue Bayou.

And my last project is a piece of home decor which I don't think that I have ever done. I found a frame at my local Dollar Tree and decided to try something that came to mind. I used SU dp Jolly Holiday stamping the snowflake and deer from SU's set Winter Post. The door image is from SU's set Home for Christmas which I colored with SU markers and then added Martha Stewart glitter. After allowing this to dry I layered it on a piece of SU riding hood red. That is another one of Nina's tickets in the middle. I then put it behind the glass in the frame, this is a floating frame inside of a black frame. The glittered snowflakes are another one of the packs that I was telling you that I found in the Christmas decor department at Walmart. It is suppose to be for scattering around your table. I like the way it turned out and can think of all kinds of different stamps and papers to use.



Sorry to make this such a long post but was excited to show you these things. I also worked on a project for the challenge I am hosting for Paper Cupcakes on Monday 11/29/10...can't wait to show you and I hope you can join us to play along.
Well, that is it for tonight....hope your week-end is happy and you are having some fun. Take care and see ya soon!

5 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely wonderful projects! Those tickets totally rock!

Kerrie said...

Wow awesome project!

craftieodmae said...

These are all fantastic!! Michelle said tell you she loves yesterdays snowmen card!

Colleen said...

Patti,
These are so adorable! I love all of them the framed project turned out really nice. Really glad you could play all day :)

Ann Schach said...

Fabulous projects! The framed project is my favorite...Wow!