Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valerie's Gift Blog Hop



Hello, I am so excited for this day to have finally arrived. When my dear friends Olga and Mary Anne asked me if I would like to participate in a blog hop to honor our wonderful friend Colleen, I was so trilled and immediately said yes, and on top of that I got to play with this lovely image "Valerie's Gift" from Whimsy Stamps . If you have arrived from Selma's then you are on the right track. If you have just lucked on to this post you can start at the beginning at Mary Anne's and get the full story. But since most of you already know, I will keep it short and just say that this stamp was created to honor Colleen's dear daughter Valerie that died way to young in a car accident at 19. We love you Colleen and hope you enjoy our creations using this beautiful stamp. Now you are on to the next stop in this hop and that is the lovely Olga .




Card details:
Card stock Gina K Designs Kraft,Pink, dp K&Co Ancestry.com
Ink Prismacolor pencils and OMS
Accents Ranger stickles Diamond, Spellbinders Labels 4, Sizzix Flower Die,Dollar Tree ribbon.
Stamps Whimsy stamps Valerie's Gift and SU Friends

16 comments:

Becky said...

This is just lovely!

A Consuming Passion said...

What a beautiful Card and for a very special lady too!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous card, you have done Valerie proud!

Theresa's Studio said...

Patti, this is lovely card. You did Valerie proud and we know Colleen will love it.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So pretty! Colleen kinda knew yesterday that something was up, from the comments on a few blogs. I hope she is pleased when she figures this out! Thanks so much for part of the hop. You have created such a gorgeous card!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is so beautiful and such a nice honor for a friend and for Valerie.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous GF! You've done a beautiful job with Valerie!

Selma said...

This is gorgeous Patti and it is fun to see how you finished on the inside.

Betty Benton said...

Very pretty -- you've made Valerie look so sweet! The dark chocolate ribbon adds such a rich touch!

Patti J said...

Patti, you are always so good to finishe the INSIDE of your cards! Your card is just beautiful! Love the colors you used, and the layout is perfect! Great job! It's been fun hopping with you :) Have a good day!

Cheri said...

Oh, Patti, this is lovely. The browns are such a warm and charming way to surround this stamp. Thank you for the inspiration.

Glittered Paws said...

Great card - love the soft browns and tans you used. Very nice to finish the inside too, great idea.

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card Patti!!! Love the sparkle and the colors!!

Colleen said...

Patti,
I'm so stunned, I had no idea. What a wonderful, wonderful surprise. Your card is stunning in the warm browns. I'm honored to have such wonderful GF's. You have no idea what a difference you have made in my everyday life, not to mention this amazing out pouring of warmth during the week I needed it the most. I know Valerie is smiling down on us all. Thank you again so much.

dee marie said...

Such a sweet card! I love your color combo with the browns and touches of pinks and greens!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hello Patti! Crissy here, the one who drew Valerie's Gift! I have hopped through all the blogs and have come back to leave comments. Let me say first of all, that I have never before done a blog hop with tears streaming down my face. But I sure did today.
What is even more significant that you may not realize, is that I also have a daughter named Valerie. And so I feel there is even more of a connection there.
The fact that I could be a part in touching Colleen in this way has made me feel so emotional, I can't stop crying.
I go about my life, not really thinking about small acts of kindness having so much impact in another person's life. When Denise (of Whimsy Stamps) and I agreed we had to name this stamp after Colleen's daughter, we had no idea of the ripple effect it would have.
There is such a significance to the things we do, whether good or bad. And today I was honoured to see some of that right before my eyes. Thank you for doing this for Colleen, and thank you for honouring and multiplying the small act of kindness from Denise and I. I am really touched that I was able to be a part of it behind the scenes. What a gift you have given not only to Colleen, but to me and Denise as well. Sending hugs to you and your friends.
Crissy Armstrong