Saturday, February 26, 2011

Papercraft Star Sketch & Ribbon Accent

Happy Saturday afternoon....hope your weekend is going well. I have been to the grocery and did some laundry, so I thought I would take some me time and post this card that I made yesterday for a challenge at Papercraft Star . I follow their blog, but this will be my first time playing along with them.


This is the sketch for this week. I used stamps from some of my Stampin' Up retired sets that I don't use often enough. It is a shame to have such beautiful images sitting idle. I punched several borders, using a punch by Martha Stewart and layered to create my band. The flower soft is something else that I have used very little since buying it and I do love the look it gives to a card. My ribbon accent is something I am trying for the first time after getting a lesson on this gorgeous idea from my friend Renee and she has been generous enough to post a tutorial here so that you can see how she creates her beautiful accents. Mine does not do justice to the beautiful ones she has made, but don't think I won't try again.lol I love this idea! So stop by and check out Renee as well as the blog challenge site for Papercraft Star....you have until Sunday night at 9PM to enter your card and then the voting by our peers begins.

Card Details:
Paper: SU whisper white, Basic Gray Green at Heart
Stamps: SU Garden Pleasures, Botanical Blooms, Sentiment by Verses
Ink: SU markers, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Martha Stewart border punch, Spellbinders circle Nesties, SU vintage brad, sheer ribbon-Michael's, Flowersoft

8 comments:

Kerrie said...

Lovely ribbon flower, cute card, good luck with the challenge....

Payne Holler Cards said...

very sweet! love how you did that ribbon flower

Tracy said...

What a great stamp! Love the Flower Soft too and that gorgeous ribbon flower. Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is very pretty, love that hat and birdie. Great ribbon flower.

craftieodmae said...

love your card, I'm gonna check em out, great sketch! TFS

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a pretty card, love the image, the layout and that bow!!!

♥Jan♥ said...

Everything about this is so fresh and dainty. The FlowerSoft is perfect on the hat, isn't it! I am tickled you chose to play with us at Papercraft Star this week, hope to see you back again and OFTEN !!

Renee Matarese said...

Your bow turned out GREAT! Sorry I haven't been around lately...busy with kids stuff mostly. I'm WAY behind on visiting friends blogs and making any comments both DT or personal. I love the green ribbon you used and the button/brad? in the center is gorgeous!! I love the layering of the border punch too. Your card is very pretty!