Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another Midnight Madness Card


I have another post for today....loved the sketch so much at Midnight Madness this week that I decided to make a Christmas card using it and enter one more card for this week's challenge. I am also entering this at ABC Christmas Challenge where they are on the letter "H" for hotspot or as some would call spotlight which highlights one part of your image. I used Stampin' Up papers in ivory, cherry cobbler and the retired dp "Deck the Halls". My image is from Flourishes set "Sleigh Ride". My card base is embossed with Cuttlebugs folder "Snowflakes" and then I used the two sided dp to create my focal point. I decided to stamp the dp and then punch out to create my hotspot making the sleigh look upholstered.


This is such an adorable set and I think I will get a lot of mileage out of it for my holiday cards. Thanks for stopping in for a look and hope you are having a Happy Day!!

7 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Look at you go girl! This is fabulous!

Kathy and Lucky said...

How pretty, love that image, I have just discovered Flourishes, yes I know I am behind a bit :) This will give a great start on those holiday cards. Have a great evening.

CraftinGranny said...

This is so pretty and sweet Patti! Love that sled and the ornament. Don't forget to enter it into some of the Christmas card challenges. "Hugs" Carol

Renee Matarese said...

Patti, this is so creative. I love how vintage the sleigh looks. I love that the inside cover is debossed. Your insides are always so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. You know I love everything you create!
~Renee

Guro said...

What a different and creative christmas card Patti. The vintage feel is elegant and embossed image make such great effect on the inside :-)
THank you so much for sharing with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Hugs Guro
MMSC DT

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love how you paper pieced the 'hotspot'!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

Very stylish card, thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge this time, hope to see you on the next challenge too! hugs Samantha :0)