Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's Color Time at SCH...




Wow, it's Saturday already and we have a sensational color challenge for you this week at Sugar Creek Hollow. We want you to use PURPLE, KRAFT & BLACK when you create your vintage, shabby chic or primitive inspired card or other paper-crafted project.  Don't forget - all three colors must appear on your project.  Black is black but purple and kraft come in a variety of shades so it will be fun to see how creative you can be.

Our random winner will receive a badge to display and a digi of our choice.  The Design Team will choose a Card of the Week and that creator will receive a badge to display but will also be in the running for a Guest Designer spot.


I had a blast creating this card and it came together really quickly. My background images are from Stampin' Up's set Botanicals and I also used them on the inside. That lovely postcard of the Eiffel Tower is from a digital sheet that I purchased at Plumrose Lane . I know I have mentioned Sharon before, she is where I purchase my blog headers (by the way she has lots of elements for your blog for free) and I have bought several of her digital pages...these are full of beautiful images that you can cut out and use anyway you want on your project...the sky's the limit. My focal image is from Stampin' Up's set Provincial. Don't you just love that purple seam binding? I do, it is some that I won in some blog candy. Thanks Mary!



The Design Team had fun creating with these colors and have lots of inspiration for you. If you want more details about their cards, just click on their name at Sugar Creek Hollow and you will be taken directly to their blog.

Card Details:
Paper: GinaK Designs kraft, Stampin' Up black and purple
Ink: Versafine onyx black, versamark
Other" Martha Stewart laurel punch, crinkled seam binding-gift
Images: Stampin' Up botanicals and provincial and Plumrose Lane Paris Heart Mix1

12 comments:

marsha said...

Gorgeous Patti! I just love that Eiffel Tower and the splash of purple!
Hugs,
Marsha

Heide said...

So pretty Patti! I just love Paris scenes, they remind me of my honeymoon. What a lovely bow.

Payne Holler Cards said...

your vintage is so beautiful!!! love this color combo!

Renee Matarese said...

Patti, I really like how even though you used all 3 colors your card comes across as very monochromatic. (one of my favorite styles) My daughter fell in love with you Eiffel Tower image. The whole card is beautiful!

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh this came out so beautifully Patti and I really love the added detail on the inside!
♥Sharon

craftieodmae said...

nother beautiful card.............love the ribbon you used!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love what you created with these colors. Beautiful design. And love that seam binding ....great shabby look. Tres chic!

Betty Benton said...

Very elegant card -- love the lighter background of the Eiffel Tower along with the darker background of the card; makes that image stand out and say, "Come visit me!"

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is really pretty, love the images and the Kraft with that purple,lovely.

mulberry station said...

What a gorgeous card Patti. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Nancy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Sharon Basel said...

This is stunning - I love your collage of images and the little pop of purple is just right. Breath-taking!