Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's a White Party at OCC!


Well, I will say this was different for me....my first all white card....
per instructions this week at Our Creative Corner where the challenge is to only use white on our card with the only exception being that we could use a light neutral color for our sentiment. So on to another Christmas card from me....I just can't seem to stop making one a week, lol. I used Gina K Designs 120 lb weight card stock for my base with layers of white card stock embossed with the Swiss Dots and Snowflake embossing folders by Cuttlebug. Using the largest snowflake die by Spellbinders I cut and embossed the snowflake layer and then layering that over a smooth piece of white card stock that I then stamped the snowflake from Stampin' Up's set "Winter Post" with versamark ink and embossing with clear powder. The double bow is made with my bow easy from Dollar Tree satin ribbon and attached is a SU  punched tag with the snowflake and peace sentiment from the SU sets "Short and Sweet" and "Perfect Ending" in Memento London Fog.



My inside sentiment is from Gina K's set "Blessed is the Season". Very simple and quick...might just have to try this again someday, at least no searching for the perfect design paper.

Stop by at Our Creative Corner and check out what their design team created, some really beautiful cards.
Take care, now I am off to finish paying some bills, laundry and a DT card.....which should I do first???


6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

I LOVE all white cards... they are so cool and this is no exception!

CraftinGranny said...

This is such a beautiful and creative card Patti. Love the layers of embossing, the die cut in the top layer and the beautiful embellies. White is so serene and peaceful. Perfect sentiment. "Hugs" Carol

sweetbloominscraps said...

Beautiful! I love the all white!
Hugs! Judi

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!!! We were oer your way yesterday, went by West End Flea Market, it was closed, but thought about ya, see ya tomorrow!!!!~!

Sharon Wheet said...

what a simply beautiful christmas card. I love how you got the cut-out of the snowflake on the front! thank you for playing along us @ OCC

Kristin said...

I love the snowflake and that fantastic bow! It makes me want snow... Great job on the challenge, thanks for joining the OCC's White party challenge!