Saturday, August 13, 2011

Vintage Christmas....


Welcome to another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow.  We
know it is August and it has been so hot in so many areas but it is time
to cool things down and think Christmas.  This week our challenge
to you is to make a VINTAGE CHRISTMAS
CARD
.

We want you to put away your cute images and find a vintage Christmas
image in your craft room or online.  For this challenge you also
need to get out your most vintage papers and embellishments.  There
are lots of freebies available online so use your favorite search engine
and you will find lots of options.  If you are in the need of some
retail therapy, there are also a number of wonderful vintage products in
the craft stores now.

Vintage doesn't necessarily mean overly embellished especially since you
want to be able to afford the postage to mail your creation but you do
want to make it look old so this is the time to think inks, distressing,
lace, antique buttons, etc. - oh my what endless possibilities.

I actually started my card a couple of weeks ago when the challenge was to create your own design paper, I started looking online for some free vintage images and found the two that I used in this collage design along with some free design paper that I had picked up earlier this year. I will leave links to all three of these sites in my card details and I hope you will check them out, as they are excellent resources. I simply moved and layered until I created the look that I wanted, also turning these beautiful color images into sepia toned ones to create the aged weathered appearance that I was after. I printed it out on card stock, distressed and sponged my edges and then layered with my sentiment and a black satin ribbon, so simple but I was pleased with the result.




We will be choosing a random winner and that person will receive a
winner's badge to display on her blog and a digi of our choice.  In
addition, the Design Team will choose one project as Card of the Week
and the creator will receive a badge to display and will be in the
running for a Guest Designer spot.

Our designers pulled out all the stops to create vintage Christmas cards
for your inspiration.  For details on each card just click on the
designer's name and you will be taken to their blog.

Have a wonderful and sensational Saturday!

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up black and red
Ink:Versafine onyx black, Tim Holtz distress inks
Images: Boy and Girl, The Vintage Workshop , Santa, The Vintage Moth , Paper, Create with TLC
Snowfakes and front sentiment SU Christmas Punches, Inside sentiment GinaK Designs Blessed is the Season
Other: Gems, Queen and Co, Spellbinders oval dies, Dollar Tree satin ribbon



11 comments:

marsha said...

Fabulous vintage Christmas collage! Your design is just super!
Hugs,
Marsha

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is wonderful - love vintage - so hope I get to enter this challenge...life is so busy right now...havent been able to visit much because time is tight with work and stuff...
will check out these sites - you did a beautiful card!

Cec said...

What a wonderful vintage Christmas card. The images are fabulous and I love the rich colour scheme.
Hugs!
Cec

The Other Patti Sue said...

Gorgeous and very vintage!

Kerrie said...

Great vintage christmas card...

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love the vintage look and you did this one up just great. Your detailed explanation was spot on and thanks for the links. I just might do this one I think I have the perfect stuff for once.

Pat said...

What a gorgeous vintage Christmas card, I just love vintage and you have done it to perfection.

Pat xx

Heide said...

Super vintage card!

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is stunning, you really rock the vintage and shabby chic. Love this card.

Anonymous said...

Just Lovely
Hugs Julie P

Sharon Basel said...

Gorgeous card Patti. I love the vintage images you've used and with them all black and white. Your card design is just perfect too.