Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Joan's Gardens



Seems like all I have time for lately is my design team commitments and all of the other stuff in life, so I decided that this week I would try and play in a couple of challenges. I am afraid I am cutting it a little close with this one at Joan's Gardens where the cutoff is 6 am tomorrow morning, if you don't have plans this evening, maybe you can still make it. They are asking us to make a gift bag using the wonderful tutorial by Selma. It needs to have pumpkins/leaves, be Fall or Halloween and have letters or words. This is my take on this challenge.

I used a bag that I picked up on clearance after the holidays last year. My image is from Stampin' Up's retired set "Bountiful Blessings", I heat embossed it with gold embossing powders and colored it using Tim Holtz distress inks. The leaves are from Gina K Designs "A Year of Leaves". This is so quick and simple and I think my friend that has a birthday in the Fall will love it.
Here is a close up of the focal image:


I have a couple of other cards that I am going to try and post tomorrow, so if you have time....keep an eye out. Thanks for stopping in!

Card Details:
Bag: Walmart holiday clearance
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks and some Memento inks
Other: Spellbinders Labels 19, gold embossing powder, chipboard Studio G, SU ivory card stock

8 comments:

Unknown said...

wow this is so beautiful
you did very well done

Patti J said...

Beautiful bag, Patti! Glad that you took time for you! I've been sort of the same way lately! Great job on the challenge!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Sounds like your living in my world... where does the time go? Super awesome gift bag, love your focal image!

Selma said...

This is such a beautiful bag. I love the way you arranged the leaves. I am so happy you took time to join us in the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is fantastic, love the bag, the colors and the image with a touch of sparkle.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful bag, Patti! Love all the embossing! I hear you about the commitments! Sadly, I didn't get to this challenge although I certainly meant to. Have a great day!

Betty Benton said...

Glad you found time to "play" along with this challenge -- sweeet autumn themed bag!

Colleen said...

Patti,
What a cute bag for autumn, love that image.