Monday, October 31, 2011

A Lovely Tree


Hi everyone, I hope your weekend was wonderful! Rick and I were able to escape our duties as caregivers for my MIL last week and went away for a few days with our friends to South Carolina for our bi annual shooting trip. We shot at three different sporting clays clubs and stayed 4 days at the one we always do. A fun trip full of challenging shots, good food and friendship. I look forward to this trip so much and now can't wait until we go back in March. I am now trying to catch up on laundry , housekeeping, and commenting along with dealing with a cold that Rick and I both caught from one of the guys.
"A Lovely Tree" is Faith's image for the progressive challenge this week at Designed 2 Delight and she is asking us to use Fall colors. A CAS card that speaks for itself, a little distressing and coloring with distress inks and the card is finished. Faith is on vacation and this challenge is running for two weeks, you have until Thursday to get your card in.  Thanks for stopping in, I will try and be by to visit as soon as I can. By the way, tomorrow is our new release day for Doodle Pantry, be sure and watch for my post.

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Brown and dp Autumn Meadows
Ink: Tim Holtz distress inks
Other: Spellbinders Peony die, SU distress tool

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super fun image... makes for a super cute card! Hope you and DH feel better soon!

craftieodmae said...

Glad yall had fun and was able to get away for a few days..... Love the card,

marsha said...

What a great fall tree, love the colors! Glad you and DH were able to get away, hope you're both over your colds soon!
Hugs,
Marsha

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That is a great tree image, Patti! Lover how you used it.

Payne Holler Cards said...

so glad you had a wonderful time - now you get to enjoy the laundry...back to the real world LOL

very cute CAS (-:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Glad you were able to get some time away, it is great to take a few days off. Your card is wonderful, love how did the layout with that sweet little tree.

Colleen said...

Patti,
Cute image and design. Great sponging.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful card, love that is off centered and the title is correct. it is a lovely tree!

Anonymous said...

Patti - I LOVE this card!!! I've never used the distressed inks, but looking at this makes me want to try!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog too :-)