Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Fave Color Palette and Sketch!


It is a beautiful Tuesday here in the mountains of Virginia and I hope it is in your part of the world. I am sharing a card that I created using two of my favorite things....a color palette that I love and a sketch.





How fun are these? Using the colors Juniper, Mint and Vanilla and the fabulous inspiration board at The Play Date Cafe and this great sketch at sfytt at I heart 2 stamp you can't lose. Be sure and check these sites out if you are not familiar with them. The challenge at The Play Date Cafe ends tonight but you have all month to work with the sketch.

I used mostly Stampin' Up products for this card along with dies from Papertrey Ink. If you haven't tried their dies yet, you will love them. Crisp clean cuts and such a wonderful variety of designs.
My stamps come from two sets by SU "Thoughts and Prayers" and "Feathered Hope" which this last one is long retired....it was my very first stamp purchase.
I used a Cuttlebug Textile embossing folder to give some texture to the ivory background after sponging certainly celery and baja breeze ink on it.



Thanks for stopping by for a visit and giving my card a look. Hope your day is happy!!

8 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful color combo Patti. Your CAS card is so very elegant and I love how you've finished the inside. "Hugs"

Betty Benton said...

This is beautiful, Patti! Love that ribbon treatment and the subtle stamping!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your right that color combo is just delish! Beautiful card GF!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such soft, beautiful stamping!

Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe, and Happy New Year!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous way to use that stamp! Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful, elegant card!

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is beautiful! I love the color combo too so calming.

Amy Sheffer said...

How beautiful! Love the colors, your stamped vines, and the ribbon treatment! Great take on the SFYTT - thanks for playing!