Saturday, January 21, 2012

Girl Time at Sugar Creek Hollow....


Welcome to another Sensational Saturday at Sugar Creek Hollow and a new challenge. This week we want you to GO GIRLY and make very feminine vintage, shabby chic or primitive cards.

Now how fun is this??? Go as feminine as you would like and with Valentine's Day just around the corner....how appropriate.
I started out stamping a collage onto my Kraft card base, love this set by Inkadinkado. My tag is from a set that I picked up at Jo Ann's by K&Co in their Studio 112 line. I sponged around the edges and stamped the heart from the stamp set on it, adding some pink gems. Stamping the dress in the same Purely Pomegranate ink and then cutting it out with a Labels 18 die, I layered this onto a Fleur de lis die cut. Don't you just love that fiber ribbon, I found it in my stash and have had it for years, probably came in a scrapbook kit. My Prima vintage trinkets were so perfect for this card and I added another of the glitter foam hearts that I found at the Dollar Tree.



Here is the inside....


I distressed around the edges with Tea Dye distress ink and added stardust to the flowers on this heart.

One random winner will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. In addition, the Design Team will choose one project as Card of the Week and the creator will receive a badge and will be in the running for a Guest Designer spot.


Check out the girly vintage cards created by our incredible Design Team. They are joined this week by a wonderfully creative Guest Designer, Claire Chapman. Clarie, we are so glad to have you join us!! Be sure and take a look and leave the team some love!

Have a fabulous weekend, whatever your plans may be.

Card Details;
Paper: Gina K Designs Tan Leather, Neenah White, Studio 112 tags
Ink: Stampin' Up purely pomegranate, Tim Holtz distress ink, stardust pen
Other: Inkadinkado stamps, Primas vintage trinkets, Offray gems, doily (gift) glitter heart Dollar Tree, Spellbinders Labels 18 and Fleur de Lis, unk fiber ribbon







post signature

10 comments:

marsha said...

Just gorgeous Patti, i love your frock! The tag looks fabulous with your design!
Hugs,
Marsha

Renee Matarese said...

Patti, your collage of items is so pretty. I love the tag and the sparkly heart!

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so girly vintage! love that tag and your embellishments...
hope you are feeling 100% !

Kim said...

I love your card....Time to get out my pretty stuff. I'm following you now.

Daniele said...

so pretty Patti, love all the details
hugs

Colleen said...

Patti,
This is just adorable! I love the way you put this one together. I have that dress. LOL

craftieodmae said...

what a gorgeous card!!!!!! You did vintage like no other!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

You've really outdone yourself on this one.... beautiful!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful vintage card, love your tag, the frock and the key charm!

glenda

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous and girly!