Saturday, March 24, 2012

Steampunk on a Saturday....


Hey gang, how is everyone??? Ready for some steam punk at Sugar Creek Hollow ?
This Saturday we are asking you to create a card with a vintage, shabby chic, primitive flair in the style of Steam punk which is all the rage now. I will admit that this is not something I have done but maybe once and some of you may have lots of tips to share with me on what I could have done differently, but hope you like my card and it will inspire you in some way. I used some freebies from the lovely Paulette at Create with TLC where I lucked up one day when she posted design papers labeled Steam punk PT Barnum along with the vintage circus block that I used for the inside. I used the design paper in her original color but did recolor the block in Word to blend with her papers. Love that about digital images!! The wonderful sentiment is also one of Paulettes' "Dreams that do come true"....will be using this again for sure.

I created a flower? of sorts from twill, a staple and an old button from my stash. I simply stitched with orange thread and then pulled loosely into a shape, not making a complete circle as I did not want it to be too frilly and perfect.

We will choose one random winner, who will receive a digi of our choice and a winner's badge to display. The Design Team will choose their Top Pick and that creator will receive a badge to display and will be in the running for a monthly Guest Designer spot to be chosen by the Design Team after all the Top Picks for the month have been chosen.

Please stop by at Sugar Creek Hollow and see what the rest of team has created for you this week and leave them some love.
As always, know that I appreciate each of you that comes to visit me. Have a fabulous and sensational Saturday!!

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up really rust, TLC vintage PT Barnum paper, DCWV Tattered Time
Other: Quote TLC, Vintage Circus Block TLC, SU gears and cogs punch, Hodgepodge hardware, SU twill, old button, Fasteners staple. TH rusty hinge distress ink.



post signature

9 comments:

Betty Benton said...

I'm thinking your steam punk card is terrific, Patti! What a challenge for this week!

Colleen said...

Patti,
Love the steampunk, this is a style I've been considering for some time. I love the collage effect it provides, but with my mind block of clean balanced cards I'm finding it really hard to do. I'll be interested in what everyone comes up with.

The Other Patti Sue said...

You totally Aced this one! So awesome!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Patti! Terrific job on the steampunk look! Paulette's goodies worked perfectly! Great design!

Glenda Atkins said...

Really liking your steampunk, don't know what it is, but steampunk fascinates me. I have even bought a pair of steampunk earrings:O) Your card is wonderful, love the bakground paper and adore that flower.

Daniele said...

Think your twill flowers is brilliant, love the background stamping
hugs

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous, I love this!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am really enjoying the Steampunk that I am running across. I just love what Paulette offers up at TLC. This came out awesome.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Lov'n this vintage designs...way to use those gears!!! Thank you for the visit to my blog! You create some gorgeous cards!!!