Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sunflowers....


Hello, I hope you have been by Doodle Pantry to check out this month's new release, this is from Laurie's new set Sunflower which is one of the sets on sale through today....be sure and check out the digi grab bag where you can find 25% off off! There is also a new set free with purchase.

I used the single sunflower image to create a background which I recolored in PSE and printed on the same so saffron paper from Stampin' Up as the card base to give it a very subtle look. I used my distress ink and SU markers to color the other sunflower image with leaves. The great piece of design paper and the tag sentiment is also part of this set, what a value....2 images, 4 sentiments and 2 papers for only $2.25 through today.

I am entering this into sketch challenge 42 at Freshly Made Sketches .  

I was lucky enough to have my card chosen last week as a Perfect Princess. I really enjoy the clean lines of their sketches and the team always shares inspiring cards, so be sure and check them out if you haven't ever played there.

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the Doodle Pantry Blog for this month's challenge.  

post signature

16 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

OH Patti your sunflower background paper is beautiful, well done!What a perfect backdrop for your marvelous sunflower!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love how you created that background paper - fab card!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is awesome... love the BF you've created!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love how you did the background, so pretty to go with that gorgeous flower and paper. Love it.

Linda Anderson said...

Ooooo Patti, this is stunning!! Love your layout, colors, and papers. Positively gorgeous.

Linda

sweetbloominscraps said...

ahh, I always love a sunflower! I just visited Stephanie, a former SSW DT, because she had a sunflower on her site. Love your papers and the paper you created with your sunflower. Miss you already!
Hugs, Judi

Pat said...

Hi Patti, Beautiful image and great bp too. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

Donna said...

Wow! Patti, I love how you used the sunflower in the background also. That's just gorgeous!

Jen Mitchell said...

Beautiful colors to show off that lovely sunflower image. I like how you created your own background with the sunflower image. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

This is just wonderful! Love that little tag hanging off the ribbon too. Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Dawn Frost said...

Congratulations Patti on your card being chosen as a Perfect Princess!
Its has nice clean lines which shows off the image nicely!

Barb said...

Just lovely!

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Patti, I love the elegance xx

Jen Sannes said...

What a perfect summer card - that sunflower is gorgeous! I also love that ribbon treatment - so glad that you could play along with this week's sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the papers! Great image! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lorianna said...

This is so cute!!
Your Designer papers are perfect for this card!!
Love it
Hugs
Lorianna