Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Lovely Lace" and Sugar Creek Hollow


Hope you are having a wonderful start to your weekend and welcome to the "Lovely Lace" challenge this week at Sugar Creek Hollow where our theme asks you to use lace, either fabric or crochet and of course in a vintage/shabby chic style.
I was looking at one of Heather Hudson's (my teammate) videos on her YouTube channel where she
created a paper bag journal and it inspired me to create a paper pad notebook that I had been 
thinking of trying for a while. You will want to check out her channel as she has lots of great tips
in her videos.
I used Stampin' Up card stock to form my base, measuring it to fit my pad with a 3/8" score for my edge. K and Co. creates some of my favorite papers which I used on this along with river rock card stock as one of my labels layers and 3D die cuts also by K and Co.
My fabric lace is from a vintage (or is 1980 not vintage age yet??? sure feels like it) wedding
dress and veil which I cut the lace and tulle from to create my flower and trim.
I have several pictures showing the stamps I also added to the front and the 
gorgeous glassine bag I used on the inside for notes, receipts or other treasures.





I hope you will stop by at SCH and take a look at all of the lacy goodness by my sweet
teammates and get your card entered for a chance at a digital image by Cec or a chance to
be a guest designer. We would love to see your work.

I am entering this in the following challenges:

  Sparkles Lace it Up 
Oozak Anything Goes with Spring

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a fabulous day....

Card Details:
Paper: Stampin' Up, KandCo. McKenna
Ink: Versafine vintage sepia, Memento rhubarb stalk, vintage photo
Other: KandCo. diecuts, vintage lace, Spellbinders Labels 4, PTI buttons, 
Teresa Collins stamps, Digital tags internet freebie, doily



post signature

11 comments:

Meggymay said...

Fantastic cover, its a beautiful project and so useful.
Yvonne x

Daniele said...

what a gorgeous cover Patti so pretty
hugs

Pat said...

Beautiful vintage card, fabulous colours Patti. Enjoy your weekend.

Pat xx

Colleen said...

Patti,
You rock! I see you have been bitten by the bug! You do such a wonderful job at altering things you should join me at EP.

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful project Patti!!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Patti! The embellishments and papers on the notebook are so beautiful. Love everything about it.
Amelia x

Jennie said...

Beautiful Patti and love the lace/buttons!! Gorgeous colors too! Sorry been quiet, was up in Virginia on vacation with the family. Trying to get back into the stamping groove, but a little hard, LOL!

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous project, love the dimensional layers, the beautiful lace and the so pretty butterfly!
hugs
Glenda

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for your kind words on my Blog today. Judy x

shaz earl said...

Great project!
Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Lace it up * challenge
Hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz xx

Jo said...

Beautiful.....gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles this time & good luck!
Hugs Jo x