Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Birthday and a CASE



I am love with watercolor smooshing and this is the technique I used to create my background for this card. I used distress inks for this, you simply stamp the pad on an acrylic block, craft mat or some other non porous surface-spritz with water, then taking a piece of acetate or anything similar smoosh in the wet ink. Place the acetate with the ink however you want it on your paper (I used watercolor paper for my card). After placing the color , I heat set the first layer, then smooshed more ink and dried until I had the look I wanted. I love the dried water spots this creates. I hope I haven't confused you too much, just google this technique or look at YouTube.

My inspiration comes from this card by Vicki Dutcher at All I Do is Stamp , I love the CAS look of her card and took my inspiration from the water colored background and her layout, I did flip flop my sentiment and main image on my card, Thanks Vicki for always inspiring me with your cards. I am entering this in the Caseplorations June challenge at Stamplorations --- CASE one of the DT members cards and tell who and how.


I am also entering it at Addicted to Stamps in their Challenge #149 Clean and Simple where they are celebrating their 3rd birthday.....Happy Birthday.

Check out both of these challenge blogs, so much fun and loads of inspiration.  



Off to finish watching the US Open golf match and see if my fave wins, Thanks for stopping in.

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh boy! My day is just made when someone CASEs my card :) You did a fabulous job with the ink smooshing - I also love that technique! Thanks for joining in at Stamplorations Inspirations!

Lee-Anne said...

Gorgeous...love your CASE of Vicki's card! Fabulous colors! So happy you could join us at ATSM, Patti!

craftieodmae said...

these are all gorgeous!

shirley-bee said...

Great smooshy CASE of Vicki's card, Patti! Thanks for playing along at CASEplorations.

maria f. said...

Nifty. Love the smooshing and that cool sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations.

Monika Skinner said...

Great CASE of Vicki's card! Love the sloshed background. Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations. X