Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Markers, markers, markers


I have new stamps, yeah! I signed up last month at Technique Tuesday in their Greenhouse Society, in the auto ship program. This gets me the newly released stamp each month at a discount. My first month was a lovely stamp called Bootiful Tulip which I couldn't resist. Who doesn't love rain boots filled with tulips? At the same time, I was able to buy this beautiful stamp "Cosmo" at a discount.

I have grown cosmos in the past and love the soft delicate flowers. I used my Bic markers to color these and love how they turned out. Which brings me to the challenge that inspired me, Addicted to Stamps and their theme of "Make Your Mark", which is to use your choice of coloring medium-markers, pencils, watercolor, etc. to color your image. I have had some success in the past with the Bic markers and since I have been playing quite a bit and experimenting with different coloring mediums and tools lately....why not use the Bic markers?

I loved how this paper that I bought recently just blends wonderfully with the flowers.

I am also going to enter my card at Creative Moments and their challenge #72 - Anything Goes-Monochromatic.
Creative Moment Blog Badge

Here you can see how I fussy cut the image and mounted it on the die cut.


Hope you like this card and will check out the blogs above, I love visiting and getting ideas and I am sure you are just like me. Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs....


6 comments:

Cec said...

Oooooh, love this card. The image is beautifully coloured and fussy cutting the image and popping it up gives such gorgeous dimension.
Hugs!
Cec

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Good for you, with that monthly stamp. These are just lovely! I have also grown them before, and the Goldfinches just love them!

Jennie said...

This card is gorgeous and those flowers just pop off the die cut!!! Sounds like a great new stamp club and makes for happy mail each month :)

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a gorgeous image and lovely colours, great bow too.

Pat xx

Dana said...

Gorgeous Cosmos!! Love your card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

Maybe Imma Dreamer said...

Hi thanks for postinng this