Thursday, July 2, 2015

Playing Around with Sketch Saturday


This week at Sketch Saturday  , they are playing with this fun sketch and I wanted to join in as well. 


My card started as just an experiment, I had bought this retired two step stamp set which is a retired set from Stampin' Up a while back and never inked it. I taped off the front of my card base to keep the back clean and started stamping....I love these big beautiful flowers. I then stamped the stem which is also part of the same set. After seeing this week's sketch, it was fate, a simple matter of putting this card together. 


Be sure and give Sketch Saturday a visit and see how their DT interpreted the sketch and then give it a go yourself, there is still over a day before the challenge ends. Thanks for the visit.

3 comments:

Cathy P said...

I LOVE your card, Patti! I was marveling at the way your focal point matched with the BG paper - and then I read your post!! Genius. What a great card and a fun experiment! Thanks for using our sketch for your beautiful card! Hugs, Cathy xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Hello Patti, Thanks for stopping by again! I loved coming back again to see what you are creating. You are really creating again....It's always nice to see your creations. Love this two step card you made. I have also been playing with inks, watercolors etc....whole new technique! Anyway, this card turned out lovely. You're right it's nice to use the stamps we had to have....lol...I hardly remember where I purchased most of them or why I had to have them....like the one I used today! Have a Happy 4th and be safe!
Hugs, Judi

Jeannie said...

Hi Patti! What a beautiful card you've created here with the stamped background all so perfectly laid out. I love that you added the flower on the inside too.

Jeannie T.
Current Blog Challenge-You are My Sunshine
Dragonfly Journeys